Sunday 27 March 2016

Keep on Dreaming... - collage

This is not very usual that I really like my classroom project - when teaching I'm always more focused on the process, sharing the knowledge, helping the students and my own creation is only a canvas to show the techniques and effects which are possible to achieve. I don't intend to make a masterpiece (but this also apply to my regular, everyday creations - and what I advise to my students!) - I just jump and dive into creative experience and I'm ready to accept  the results, no matter what will happen :)
This time somehow, the result was really pleasing - so I plan to keep it and put it on the wall somewhere in my house or studio! Why not!


This collage was made during "Daydreamer" class - I love this class because it is a mixture of some of my really favourite techniques, showing the wide range of effects you can get using Art Basics Gel Mediums in a creative way. I love this collaging technique, transparent, textured layers and rich, metallic colour!


These layered effects were done using my new Double Sided Textutre Brushes - 3D Gloss Gel is great for this technique as it dries really transparent and has nice, not too heavy body which makes it easy to spread with palette knives.


I'm really happy with the final colour palette - I used a wide range of metalic paints from Art Alchemy Metallique collection - and they did great job here! I love how vibrant and rich they are and their beautiful, creamy consistence makes them so easy to apply.


the whole composition was glued with Art Basics Heavy Body Gel - the thickest one from Gel Mediums in my collection. It dries fast and it is really VERY sticky - perfect for any dimensional collage or assemblage gluing!

Here is the list of the products I used  - listed from our Mixed media Place Store:


I hope you enjoyed this project and it gave you some inspiration.
Please remember to come back soon to see another great tutorial from my super talented Creative Team and some more of my own creations and tutorials!
Sending warmest hugs and best Easter wishes


9 comments:

Unknown said...

It's another pleasant time i've spent to learn this new project as So amazing and inspirating as the others.
Thanks for giving US so much beautiful projects that improve our creativity.
You are my inspiration !
Greetings from France. ❤

Deborah Adams said...

You should call this 'Crowned in Glory'
It is really beautiful & so inspiring.
Love the hints of purple, against the other rich colours.
How did you make the crazing on your porcelain skin?
Love it by the way.
So glad you share your art. Thankyou

Moose-ings said...

I'm always blown away by your art. Can't wait to try more of your products and b inspired by your creativity.

Rosemary Hanson said...

This is really so amazing! You are such a talented lady! So glad I was priveliged to get to one of your classes last year😃

Unknown said...

Stunning. So beautifully done. I love your work/art.

Nupur said...

Ooo my my and another masterpiece it is...love the beauty of your creations����so inspiring always...xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful composition! Stunning!

Barbara Rankin said...

Another beautiful canvas, Anna. I love your work, and I am so fortunate to have been able to take a couple of workshops with you a few years ago. I learned so much from you, and still do!!

corinne de france MARCH said...

j'ai aime cet atelier ! et j'aime votre nouvelle création !
corinne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...